I’ve been trying to write this blog post for more than a week now.
I’ve tried all the tricks:
- Just start writing.
- Take a break and come back to it.
- Make a list of possible blog topics and pick one.
So far, nothing’s worked.
I get part way through the blog, read it, and then scrap it. I think I have four partially started blog posts…
I don’t know why I’m struggling so much. All I know is that the words just haven’t been flowing easily these days.
It’s not like I don’t have things I can write about. I could probably write about any of the following:
- I recently had a conversation with Ella about what takes place at parties, including pharm parties. 😳
- This past Saturday, Tanya and I (aka T&T Visions) lead a Vision Board workshop with a wonderful group at a mom’s retreat.
- This past weekend, David, the girls, and I completed our annual trip to the local corn maze and picked out our halloween pumpkins.
- Today is voting day for the Canadian Federal election.
Like I’ve mentioned before, writing is hard. Sometimes I’d much rather binge-watch Netflix than force myself to put words to paper. But forcing myself to put words to paper is exactly what I need to do. As much as I like to binge-watch Netflix, it’s not gonna help me reach my goals or help me get this blog post done.
I need to take action. Now.
If you want to get stuff done, you need take action. Do something. Anything. In the case of me and this blog post, it meant forcing myself to sit in front of this laptop and start writing anything and to keep writing until I wrote something of value.
That’s the case with many things. Maybe you have laundry to do, or a work project to complete, or errands to run, or meetings to schedule, or research to do, or…you get the picture. I can guarantee you won’t accomplish any of it if you don’t take action.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by all that you have to do, pick just one thing you can do that will move you closer to getting things done. And then take action by doing it now.
One other thing you can do to help you get stuff done and reach your goals is get yourself an accountability partner or join an accountability group. I’ll be hosting a free accountability group starting in January 2020. If you’d like to be the first to know when registration is open for the group, be sure to join my email list!